- Massage therapy involves the use of massage techniques to treat a variety of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Because massage therapy uses gentle therapy, it is ideally suited for persons who may be experiencing pain or discomfort associated with a less active lifestyle. Massage therapy can bring relief to pain symptoms as well as gradually reduced stiffness.
- Throughout Canada, massage therapist’s work in collaboration with other health care professionals and is recognized as an effective means of treating soft tissue pain or disability and for its value in preventative care.
- Massage therapists are trained in the principles of anatomy, physiology, pathology, massage theory and practical uses of massage. They are also versed in stretching techniques and remedial exercise.
Types of Massage Therapy:
- Therapeutic: A focused massage targeting a specific area of tension caused by injury, stress, over worked muscles, or postural faults.
- Relaxational: Rejuvenate your body and mind during this partial or full-body massage with light to medium pressure. This style of massage uses Swedish techniques to improve circulation, relieve muscle pain, promote better sleep and reduce stress.