Chiropractors are musculoskeletal (MSK) experts, providing an assessment, diagnosis, treatment and preventative care of biomechanical disorders that may affect muscles, joints and/or nerves.
Chiropractic treatment is highly skilled, hands-on health care that can relieve pain and help improve mobility. Even if you do not have painful symptoms, chiropractic can help you maintain healthy spine and joint function.
Chiropractic care has been shown to:
- Improve movement in your neck, shoulders, back and hips
- Improve your posture
- Provide relief from headaches, neck and back pain
- Help you prevent work-related muscle and joint injuries
- Relieve repetitive strain injuries
- Help enhance your athletic performance
- Provide relief from whiplash
- Improve your flexibility
- Relieve pregnancy-related back pain
- Help correct gait and foot problems
Patient’s play a role
The success of any treatment relies on patients playing an active role. Treating your complaint may require making changes to your work station, taking breaks to relax over worked muscles and joints, changing your pillow, and exercises to strengthen the target area. Your chiropractor will educate you on your condition and things you could do to help speed up recovery or just live better.